Roycemore School Parent Resources
You're Invited to Our Next Griffin Gathering
Classroom sites, teacher blogs & other links
Academic Year 2017-2018 Calendar
Academic Year 2018-2019 Calendar
Faculty & staff directory
Emergency Closing Center - online list of schools closed due to extreme weather or other conditions
- Lower School News - Ms. Orzoff's blog
- Pre-Kindergarten - Ms. Smith
- Junior Kindergarten - Ms. Massey
- Kindergarten - Ms. Strain
- First Grade - Ms. Vanchieri
- Second Grade - Ms. Taylor-Pines
- Third Grade - Ms. Aksamitowski
- Fourth Grade - Ms. Skinner
- Ms. O'Donnell's Art Room
Back to school forms & supply lists
To make getting ready for school a little easier–especially for families with students in multiple divisions–here are links to all of the necessary information about the first few days, and any forms that need to be printed, signed and returned. If you have any questions, please call the office at 847-866-6055.
All-school forms and information - Not all forms are required every year; check below for specific requirements.
- Proof of School Dental Examination form
- State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form
- State of Illinois Eye Examination Report form
- IHSA Pre-Participation Examination form for athletics
- 2017-18 school year academic calendar - pdf
- Student-Parent Handbook
- Roycemore Family Association Volunteer Interest Form
- Back to School Griffin Gathering on August 25
Which forms do you need to complete?
- If your child is a new student, or entering Kindergarten, 6th or 9th grade, a current Certificate of Child Health Examination form is required to be submitted by September 1st.
- If your child is a new student, or entering Kindergarten, 2nd or 6th grade, a current Proof of School Dental Examination form is required to be submitted by September 1st.
- If your child is a new student, or entering Kindergarten, a current Eye Examination Report is required by September 1st.
- If you child is participating in Upper School sports, an IHSA Pre-Participation Examination form for athletics is required by the first day of school.
Lower School opening of school information & supply list
Lower School Parents,
The Lower School faculty is looking forward to the start of school. We are all so excited to see you, and especially your children! Don't forget school begins on Tuesday, August 29. On Monday, August 28, we will be having orientation for all students in Grades PK-1. New students in Grades 2-4 will receive a separate email with the a special time for them to individually meet with their teachers. Also all the teachers will be in their rooms from 8:30-10:30 a.m., if you want to drop in and say hello. The Lower School opening of school information includes the orientation times.
On Friday, August 25, from 4:30-6:00, don't forget the Roycemore Parent Association Back to School Get Together, called "Griffin Gathering." It should be a lot of fun and a chance for you and your children to connect with the other Roycemore families, enjoy fun activities and taste the delicious food from our new purveyor, HandCut Foods.
Middle School opening of school information, supply list & more
New Student Orientation is Monday, August 28th
9:00am-12:00pm - Library
Mandatory for all 5th graders and all 6th-8th grade students new to Roycemore
Chromebook Program Guide - As part of our Chromebook program this year, all students will use a school-provided Chromebook – bringing your own device will not be an option. Parents should sign and return page 17 (Appendix F).
Fall Athletics - This year we will be fielding three competitive fall sports teams for our Middle Schoolers. They are cross country, soccer, and volleyball. The students do not need to have experience in any of these sports to participate. Any student may participate in cross country and volleyball or cross country and soccer. Schedules are designed so that students will be able to do two sports if desired, and will be forthcoming.
The first after school volleyball practice and soccer practice will be on August 30. The first cross country after school practice will be on August 31.
Being on a team is a wonderful way to meet friends, learn and practice cooperation, teamwork and sportsmanship, get good exercise, and have fun. Hopefully everyone will think about joining a team!
Coach Linkhart & Coach Wunder
Upper School welcome, opening of school information & more
Please note: there is no official supply list for Upper School. Aside from bringing a personal laptop or tablet that can connect to the internet per the BYOD policy below, students should bring general supplies to start the first few days. Some faculty may request specific items--that will be communicated after school begins.
BYOD Policy & Agreement Form - to be signed & returned
New Student Orientation is Monday, August 28th
12:30-2:00 pm - Library
Mandatory for all 9th graders and all 10-12th grade students new to Roycemore.
2:15-3:00 pm - Library - International Student Orientation
International students should attend BOTH sessions.
Fall Athletics informational letters: