Employment Opportunities at Roycemore
First Grade Teacher
Roycemore School is currently seeking a dynamic, innovative, and experienced First Grade Teacher to join our expert faculty starting in August 2018. Now in its 102nd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, coeducational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
The First Grade Teacher should possess a holistic view of children, an understanding of the developmental issues of 1st grade students, a passion for integrated learning, a thorough understanding of differentiation on a gifted model, and strong communication skills.
The First Grade Teacher must be talented in teaching math, reading, writing, science and social studies, and oriented toward experiences with art, music, and drama. A commitment to experiential learning is also important. The First Grade teacher must also be able to modify curriculum for different types of learners and write narrative report cards.
Elementary Education Degree; M.A. in Education preferred
Significant classroom teaching experience; 3-year minimum preferred
Experience in explicit math and reading instruction
Competence in connecting with students and creating a healthy classroom community
Competence in connecting with parents
Organized and purposeful about materials and lesson plans
Collaboration with faculty and administration
Excellence in classroom management techniques
Enthusiasm for professional development and further knowledge about pedagogy
Superior communication skills (both oral and written), sound judgment, and emotional maturity
Roycemore School embraces diversity of people, cultures and ideas, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested should send a cover letter and resume via mail or e-mail to: Melinda Orzoff, Lower School Division Head, at [email protected]
Lower School Substitute Teachers - PreK-Grade 4
Seeking subs for elementary education, specifically Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4. Substitute teachers must have teaching capabilities in multiple areas, the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students, the ability to address the various learning styles of students, and the ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies. Substitute teachers are called on an as needed basis and may be needed for one day, one week or a long term position. Substitute teachers arrive by 8AM, with classes beginning at 8:30AM, and generally ending by 3:30PM.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Melinda Orzoff, Lower School Division Head
1200 Davis Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Part-Time Lower School French Teacher
Roycemore School seeks a Part-Time Lower School French Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Now in its 102nd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, co-educational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
Our mission is to inspire and nurture excellence and prepare each student for success in higher education and in a dynamic and complex world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Part-Time Lower School French Teacher for the 2018-19 school year. This person will be working with children from Kindergarten through Fourth Grade.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, (M. A. in Education preferred)
- Excellence in classroom management techniques, especially with young children
- Enthusiasm for professional development
- Committed to early second language acquisition
- Has an excellent command of the French language and able to create activities to help young children appreciate the language as they learn to hear and to speak.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with students, parents and other staff members
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
- Experience with G-Suite/Google Apps for Education (preferred)
Roycemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
For best consideration please email or send cover letter and resume with three references to:
Melinda Orzoff, Lower School Division Head
1200 Davis St.
Evanston, IL 60201
Director of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications
Roycemore School seeks a new Director of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications beginning immediately but no later than July 2018. Now in its 102nd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, coeducational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
The Director of Enrollment, Marketing and Communication is a full time professional employee responsible for designing and implementing strategies and tactics to enhance the School’s enrollment efforts. As such, the Director will focus on brand management, external messaging, and a variety of marketing activities centered on new customer acquisition. Within this, the Director will also collaborate with the Director of Admissions to lead traditional admission activities helping to welcome and evaluate candidates and their families for enrollment.
The Director will develop and oversee innovative recruitment, enrollment and retention strategies. A proactive and driven leader, the Director will promote Roycemore and further strengthen its reputation in existing markets as well as establish a presence in new ones in order to attract and enroll mission-appropriate students. The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace Roycemore’s mission, culture, and community in order to serve as an effective ambassador. The Director will report directly to the Head of School, and serve as a member of the Senior Administration Team.
- Formulate and execute forward-thinking, strategic recruitment, marketing, communications and enrollment policies and tactics to respond to the needs of the school and marketplace, reach targeted audiences and achieve enrollment goals
- Oversee all aspects of the School’s communications, marketing, advertising and recruitment tools including print, video, digital and online communication, event publicity, and media relations
- Evaluate and redesign, where appropriate, all aspects of admissions and marketing to attract a robust applicant pool representative of the demographic diversity of the area.
- Develop and direct the vision and metrics for enrollment management ensuring they align with the strategic plan of the school.
- Conduct periodic market and demographic research and educate colleagues about those findings.
- Maintain and establish relationships with area feeder schools
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate with all of Roycemore’s constituents, including faculty, parents, students, alumni, administration, community members, and the Board of Trustees and keeping these groups appropriately informed of potential issues and accomplishments.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere
- Monitor, identify and analyze local and national trends in education, admission, and tuition programs that impact enrollment outcomes and provide meaningful reporting to the Head of School and Board of Trustees to inform decision-making
- Recruit and manage student and parent volunteers in support of marketing and admissions
- In collaboration with Director of Development, develop a communication plan to engage alumni constituencies
- Be sensitive to economic, cultural, and other issues present in the enrollment of a diverse student body
- Develop and engage in strategic partnerships, events and activities designed to increase enrollment and visibility
- Represent the School at industry conferences, school fairs and other events.
- Coordinates with the Director of Admissions, the Director of Development and the senior administration team, and may also oversee college work-study students.
- Performs other related roles as assigned by the Head of School.
Experience, Qualification & Attributes:
- B.S. or B.A. in marketing, communications or a related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Prior experience in leading an independent school admissions/ marketing or in high-level sales and marketing, brand management, communications, financial aid and/or admission efforts, preferably at an independent school, college, university, or related experience.
- Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize and direct multiple programs and activities, including the ability to develop and lead volunteer teams to support the plan.
- Driven, goal-oriented, industrious, and passionate about achieving results
- Outstanding communications, interpersonal and public relations skills, including exceptional writing and speaking skills and facility with media of all forms (social, print, broadcast, etc.)
- Analytical skills; comfort with using data in developing and delivering presentations.
- Facility with data and use of current technologies.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to implement new initiatives and inspire the engagement of others in the implementation.
- Knowledge of effective communications and marketing strategies.
- Proficient, organized, detail oriented and capable manager of people, program and budgets
- Willingness to work a demanding and flexible full-time schedule, including evenings and weekends in order to achieve goals.
- A clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission, value and unique niche of Roycemore School.
- Comfort with autonomy and responsibility in the framework of a high performing team.
- Ability to protect and handle student records and other highly confidential information.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Drupal with significant experience using social media and other web-based communication vehicles in a professional setting.
- Proactive, optimistic and positive attitude
- Energy and enthusiasm for the school
- Confident but humble
- High emotional intelligence and cultural competency
- Sense of humor and balanced perspective
- Understanding of and appreciation for young students and adolescents
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and trustworthiness
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and curiosity in order to improve performance and results.
Roycemore School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested should send a cover letter and resume via mail or email to:
Adrianne Finley Odell [email protected]
Part Time Receptionist
Roycemore School seeks a new Part Time Receptionist beginning immediately. Now in its 102nd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, coeducational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
The Part Time Receptionist will act as the first point of contact for Roycemore School and must possess a warm and friendly demeanor while upholding safety measures and protocols.
For more about Roycemore School, please visit the website at www.roycemoreschool.org The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace Roycemore’s mission, culture, and community in order to serve as an effective ambassador. The part time receptionist will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Greeting, welcoming, screening and directing visitors appropriately
Answering main phone lines and directing calls
Maintaining student attendance
Handling of daily mail and internal mailboxes
Signing for and distributing orders that are delivered
Assist parents, students and staff with various requests
Provide administrative/clerical assistance to administrative offices
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
Positive attitude and welcoming demeanor
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
Real-time problem-solving skills, flexibility and compatibility are essential
Ability to address confidential matters discreetly
Excellent organizational skills
Experience with administrative applications including Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Forms
Knowledge of safety and security processes for schools
College degree is preferred but not required
The hours for this position will likely be 3pm to 6pm
Position also serves as back-up for the full-time receptionist and would cover sick, personal and vacation days for that team member
Roycemore School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested should send a cover letter and resume via mail or e-mail to: [email protected]
Roycemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, gender preference or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its policies.