Robert Eisner Distinguished Scholar Program
As a world-renowned economist, Robert Eisner advised presidents, governments and the educational community. He was a long-time supporter and benefactor of Roycemore School, and the Robert Eisner Distinguished Scholar Program was established in his memory.
Roycemore awards up to three new full tuition scholarships each year, based on a student’s demonstrated academic achievement and outstanding leadership abilities. The scholarship is renewed for each subsequent year as long as the student maintains a 3.5 grade point average and contributes positively to the school community.
Award winners are selected by an independent committee and announced by the Headmaster in mid-March.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Exam Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014
All Eisner Scholar applicants must take a standardized achievement test administered at Roycemore School, 1200 Davis Street in Evanston. Students should report to Room 235 no earlier than 8:15 a.m. for 8:30 testing. Pencils, calculators and scratch paper are provided. Testing will run about 3 hours.
Finalists will be invited to return to Roycemore for personal interviews.
- Students entering Grade 9 or 10 during the upcoming academic year may apply.
- The student must have scored at the 95th percentile or better on either the total math and/or the total verbal section of a nationally normed, standardized achievement test and have maintained a superior academic record.
All applicants must provide the following by the application deadline:
- Application for Admission to Roycemore
- Distinguished Scholar Application
- English teacher recommendation form
- Math teacher recommendation form
- Request for school records form
Roycemore School is proud to partner with the Chicago-based Daniel Murphy Scholarship Foundation to serve outstanding students from across Chicago.