Employment Opportunities at Roycemore
Director of Development
The Director of Development works closely with the Headmaster and the Board of Trustees to oversee and manage all aspects of the development program at Roycemore. Works with the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees to forecast giving, establish goals, and develops/implement short and long-term advancement plans to meet those goals. This includes, but is not limited to,
- implementing strategic initiatives for securing:
- major gifts
- donations to the Annual Fund
- foundation grants
- planned gifts
- capital gifts
- designing and implementing an alumni giving program
- defining stewardship and prospecting tactics
- enhancing special fundraising/cultivation events
- planning and overseeing an annual fundraising auction/gala
- developing new approaches to supporting traditional advancement initiatives
This position reports to the Headmaster, serves on the school’s Senior Administrative Team, and sits on the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees. It is a full-time exempt, year-round position which requires some evening and weekend work as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least two to five years of demonstrated success in a leadership role and at least three – five years of direct fundraising or advancement experience, preferably in independent schools.
- Demonstrated ability to raise money.
- Strong and progressive communication skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
To apply: Please email a letter of intent and resume, along with names and contact information for 3-5 professional references, to: email@example.com.
Lower School Substitute Teachers - Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 4
Seeking subs for elementary education, specifically Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4. Substitute teachers must have teaching capabilities in multiple areas, the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students, the ability to address the various learning styles of students, and the ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies. Substitute teachers are called on an as needed basis and may be needed for one day, one week or a long term position. Substitute teachers arrive by 8AM, with classes beginning at 8:30AM, and generally ending by 3:30PM.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Melinda Orzoff, Lower School Head
1200 Davis Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Roycemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, gender preference or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its policies.